Matchmaking is an art that professional matchmakers have been perfecting for decades. Most people know the basics of what matchmakers do: they help single people find love, and in doing so, make a living. But matchmakers go to great lengths to ensure successful matches. Here are eight ways matchmakers help you find love!
Here’s how they make it happen:
- Matchmakers only work with singles who are serious about finding love: professional matchmakers understand that it’s a professional relationship, not just an opportunity for people to find love.
- Matchmakers pay attention to details: professional matchmakers find out as much about their clients as possible – from likes and dislikes, to hobbies and values. Knowing what you want is the first step in finding it.
- They know all of the tricks: professional matchmakers use a variety of techniques – including psychology – so they can get to the root of what makes people tick. It’s this thoroughness that allows professional matchmakers to find them love.
- Professional matchmakers are mindful about safety: professional matchmaking agencies have strict rules in place for their clients, including background checks and mandatory face-to-face meetings before any matches are made. With professional guidance, you can be sure that everything goes smoothly.
- Matchmaking is more than simply setting up introductions: matchmakers also help their clients prepare and present themselves well on dates (matchmakers will often coach them before dates), as well as after they’re out in public — helping with conversation and making that person feel more comfortable.
- Matchmakers know their clients well: matchmakers interview their clients extensively, both before they take them on as a client, and during the process of finding matches for them. This allows matchmakers to have an extensive knowledge about what makes each individual tick — not just in matters of love, but professional as well.
- Matchmakers are professional relationship-builders: matchmakers operate much like small business owners, building relationships with their clients by staying in touch between dates and being responsible for checking up on the progress of every single date that they arrange. This helps keep people accountable to each other — even when their matchmaker isn’t around.
- Matchmaking is professional: professional matchmakers understand that finding love is not a hobby, but rather their profession. With this understanding comes professional attitudes and behavior — such as staying in touch with clients between matches to make sure they’re still on track toward meeting the right person for them. Doing whatever they can to help them succeed in their search.
But keep in mind, working with a matchmaker isn’t a guarantee you will find love. Remember it can be a process and you can help by staying positive, taking feedback, and getting out there in as many ways as possible. Always focus on self improvement, learning about healthy relationships, and staying professional in your interactions with matchmakers and potential matches.
Think you’re ready? Right now is the perfect time to start looking for love. Talk to a member of our team today to find out if you’re a good fit for our professional matchmaking services at Lyons Elite.