We’ve all heard the saying, “You can’t judge a book by its cover.” But when it comes to online dating, that’s exactly what people do. In fact, your profile photo is the most important part of your dating profile. It’s the first thing people see, and it’s the deciding factor in whether or not someone will want to learn more about you. So how can you make sure your photo is as attractive as possible?
There’s a lot of science that goes into what makes an attractive photo, and it all starts with the way you’re perceived by others. When you’re choosing a profile photo, think about how you want to be seen by potential matches. Are you fun and outgoing? serious and professional? Creative and quirky? Once you’ve decided on the image you want to project, it’s time to start thinking about the technical aspects of your photo.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
– Use a high-quality camera. This will ensure that your photos are clear and sharp. If you don’t have one, ask a friend to use theirs, or an iphone always works too!
– Pay attention to the lighting. Natural light is always best, so try to take your photos outdoors or near a window.
– Choose a simple background. A busy background can be distracting and take away from your own attractiveness.
– Smile! A genuine smile is one of the most attractive things you can do in a photo. Studies have shown those that are smiling in their photos get over 80% more matches.
– Be yourself! Don’t try to be someone you’re not. People will be able to see through it, and it’ll only make you less attractive in the long run.
– Make sure the photos are current. Outdated photos are a huge turn-off, so make sure yours are recent.
– Avoid things like hats, sunglasses, and filters. These can be distracting and make it difficult for people to see your true self.
If you can, the best thing to do is invest in professional photos with a photographer. You can use these photos not just for your dating profiles, but for social media, business and more. Great photos always come in handy.
By following these simple tips, you can make sure your photos are as attractive as possible. And who knows? Maybe your perfect match is just a few clicks away.
Are you looking for more dating tips and coaching? Schedule a call with a matchmaker on our team today.